Thursday, April 11, 2019

Week Eight - 1

Final Shots -

With the due date creeping up, Michael and I knew that if we wanted to include any last minute shots, we needed to shoot them asap so the editing process could be wrapped up and we can begin reflecting. After reviewing the footage, we noticed a few takes at school that could very easily be perfected, and this included parts in the introduction where my character and the female lead first see each other. Today we asked my friend Sara to bring the exact costume she wore the day we filmed and this time we attempted the shoot with less people around, but we aimed to maintain the natural diegetic audio of a high school. We also developed an amazing new idea for the very first shot in the short film. It includes a close up of me drinking from a water fountain, and when i lift my head, the camera tilts up and follows me down the hallway from behind as i listen to music. I envisioned this to be an en-captivating and dramatic way to immediately introduce our audience to the subject of our short film, while also making our way into an established setting.

In the afternoon, I drove over to Michael's house to revisit the bedroom scene, and although we got amazing shots of me putting on the VR headset before the date, we never actually got a shot of me taking it off at the end! So, i lied down and Michael orbited me trying to find the best angle. The shot shows my head jolting up in a sense, and since it was a close up angle it was difficult for him to keep me completely in the middle of the frame. He ended up bringing out a ladder and getting a really high angle shot of me, not only to keep me in frame, but also to portray me as overpowered by the virtual reality.

Now with all the footage collected and uploaded, we were able to efficiently review it. Michael began the heavy editing process immediately and i collected a bunch of still shots i felt would help brand our short film on our website. In the next two days we plan on meeting a number of times to work together on the final components of our project and our CCRs, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Eight - 4

Creative Critical Reflection - Hey guys i stumbled upon a segment of a never before seen interview with the star of our short film, check ...