Friday, March 8, 2019

Week Three - 1

Location, Cast, and Equipment -

Today in class Michael and I particularly focused on developing the ending, which would consist mostly of a virtual date. I explained to him how I envisioned the first segment of our short film to have a dull color pallet and dim lighting, and how I wanted those stylistic choices to be juxtaposed within the virtual reality by bright lighting and colors. In order to really enhance the coloring of our environment, we needed to decide on a location that provided us with very dazzling eye candy, such as a beautiful park. Together, we decided on a nearby park with many hills and plenty sunlight. It is called Vista View Park, and you can see it on google maps here.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=26.07025700000003%2C-80.33834000000002&spn=0.009059%2C0.013733&t=h&z=16&mid=1du7HA0fwWmZhSrpPznf_LmSNREI

Like I previously mentioned in my recent blog posts, Michael and I decided to record on his IPhone XR, and we also are going to be using IMovie on his Macbook to edit the short film when its all filmed. Since he is familiar with the hardware we are going to be using, we've decided that he is going to play the role of the man behind the camera. Michael will be the cinematographer, however he will try to recreate shots I have already drawn up in a storyboard I am currently working on.

I will be acting in the short film as the main character, and since I am developing the majority of my own script, I believe I will be adept at performing the plot and at improvising slightly to make use of the genre techniques I have gathered throughout my research. We asked around to see if any of our lady friends wanted to play the role of the protagonists' love interest, but ultimately decided on my girlfriend. I am happy with this decision, for good reason. I believe that because I really do feel emotions towards my girlfriend that I am going to be able to perpetuate them on camera that more persuasively. Martina, my girlfriend, also has a background in musical theater and drama. She took AMT classes all throughout middle school and even attended a drama camp over the summer, so she was definitely up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Eight - 4

Creative Critical Reflection - Hey guys i stumbled upon a segment of a never before seen interview with the star of our short film, check ...